Amarr temporarily stops production of Olympus 500 & Designers Choice 500
Garage Door Corporation, an Amarr authorized garage door dealer, has just received a memo from Amarr that due to production issues the Olympus 500 and Designers Choice 500 garage doors have ceased production until 07/21/2014. Any customers ordering these doors will not be able to do this until after production resumes. Amarr also announced that the Classica 3000 series garage door will continue to have an extended lead time of 12 days in plant plus delivery - this is longer than usual 6 day but still not bad for this specialty product. Below are the details from Amarr (an Entrematic company):
Dealer Memo 58-14 June 30, 2014 We recently announced the increase in manufacturing lead times of some Amarr Residential polyurethane products produced on the clamshell polyurethane line in order to improve manufacturing efficiencies. However, due to the continued demand of these products exceeding capacity, we must also immediately halt production of select products on this clamshell polyurethane manufacturing line to improve productivity sooner. The Amarr residential polyurethane products impacted by this temporary break in production are:
Any orders of the impacted Olympus 500 and Designer’s Choice 500 products that were received and entered by the DC by Friday 6/27/14 will be processed and manufactured, but no new orders of these products will be processed until week of July 21, 2014. DC delivery of these new orders is projected to be early August. For direct orders, a separate order for these polyurethane products with a Request Date of 7/28/14 will be placed in Navigator, so that your order for other Amarr products is not delayed. These separate orders must meet the minimum direct order requirement for your next truck or can be delivered to your local Amarr Door Center based on your preference. Part of the manufacturing line productivity improvements will include a change to the embossment of the interior steel used in all three of these products from a woodgrain to stucco embossment. Upon restart of this production line on July 21, we project manufacturing lead times of these impacted products to return to a 12 day manufacturing lead-time and very quickly get to the standard 6-days after the backlog is cleared. Summary:
- Classica 3000 in all stamps and colors will have a 12-day manufacturing lead time.
- Manufacturing will be temporarily halted on select products.
- Olympus 500 in all stamps and colors, except Short Panel True White.
- Designer’s Choice 500 in all stamps and colors, except Bead Board True White.
For direct orders, a separate order for these polyurethane products with a Request Date of 7/28/14 will be placed in Navigator, so your order for other Amarr products is not delayed. The total of these separate orders must meet the minimum direct order requirement. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. The Amarr Olympus 500 in Short Panel True White and Designer’s Choice 500 in Bead Board True White are still available with a 19 R-Value and standard 6-day manufacturing lead times for standard widths. Other temporary replacement products include the Amarr Lincoln and Hillcrest products that are available in standard manufacturing lead times of 6-days, in 4 colors, in all traditional and carriage house stamps, and with a 9 R-Value. If you have any questions, please contact your local Amarr Door Center.
- Orders of Olympus 500 Short Panel True White and Designer’s Choice 500 Bead Board True White will be processed as normal and continue to have standard manufacturing lead time of 6 days..
- New orders of Olympus 500 and Designer’s Choice 500 in any stamp/color combination except Short Panel True White and Bead Board True White will be processed the week of July 21 and available for pick-up in early August..
- Olympus 500 and Designer’s Choice 500 in any stamp/color combination except Short Panel True White and Bead Board True White will have interior steel with stucco embossment..
- Orders of Classica 3000 will have a manufacturing lead time of 12 days..
If you are located in the Chicago, IL or suburban areas please contact us through our website at www.gdcorp.com for further details and product options. You can see the Amarr product line and literature at www.gdcorp.com/amarr