OUR BLOG

 

SEARCH over 1,550+ documents HERE
  4646 Oakton St (rear), Skokie, IL
Simply Competent Service at a Fair Price™
WE ARE HIRING HIRING DETAILS here
24/7 emergency service Regular phone hours 7am-6pm CDT 7 days
Showroom hours limited - call ahead!

  Skokie (847)329-8300   - Call or TEXT either -   Park Ridge (847)823-8300 
NOT A FRANCHISE
CALL US NOW Message Us
Torsion Springs FAST and FAIR PRICING!

Submitted by gdcorp on Sun, 06/13/2021 - 06:28

Garage Door Co Repair Pros has received notice of very significant price increases from nearly all garage door, spring and hardware vendors. As the steel pricing has soared since September 2020 at $631 per ton to $1571 per ton in April 2021, our vendors have continually raised their prices. Prior to June 2021 pricing has risen between 17.5 and 21% in 2021 alone. BUT with the June price increases ranging from 15% to 20% the overall increases in 2021 are approaching 40% - OUCH! (UPDATE: With increases through 07/09/2021 about 60% now!)  There is is serious steel shortage, freight increases, labor shortage, and other supply chain issues. We expect these vendors to have another round (most have had 4 increases this year) during the summer. Examples of the increases are shown below:

  • Clopay: 34.25% this year (18% 6/14/2021 ; 5.5% 4/15/2021; 6.0% 3/1/2021; 4.75% 1/1/2021) plus 3% freight rate increase
  • UPDATE: 7/09/2021 Clopay increases another 22% effective plus 5% freight effective 7/09/2021 for over 57.25% this year!
  • Amarr: 39.1% this year (20.2% 6/5/2021;  5.9% 4/24/2021; 7.0% 2/27/2021; 5.0% 1/9/2021) plus 8% freight rate increase

UPDATE: 6/18/2021  Amarr increases another 14.3% effective 6/18/2021 for 53.4% this year!

As of 4/19/2021 the following vendors have increased prices as follows:

  • CHI: 20.0% this year (7.9% 4/30/2021; 6.0% 3/5/2021; 5.0% 1/15/2021) plus 5% freight rate increase  
  • UPDATE: 6/28/2021  CHI increases another 21.5% plus 5% freight effective same day 6/28/2021
  • Haas: 21.3% this year (7.0% 5/3/2021; 8.0% 3/15/2021; 5.0% 12/18/2020)
  • Overhead/Wayne Dalton: 20.5% this year (6.2% 5/28/2021; 8.9% 2/26/2021; 4.25% 1/8/2021) plus 5% freight rate increase
  • Raynor: 20.7% this year (7.0% 5/1/2021; 6.0% 3/6/2021; 6/5% 1/31/2021)

Due to the continued price increases we will honor proposals written prior to the manufacturers price increase for the time indicated at the bottom of the proposal (usually 45 days). However if a significant price increase occurs between the date with provide a proposal and the date you accept the proposal then we reserve the right to advise you of the added cost and withdraw our original proposal. Please contact us with any questions about how this may effect a proposal we have provided for your project.

Garage Door Co Repair Pros is still making pricing adjustments but expects to pass along most of these price increases. This will affect garage doors & parts sold in the Chicago, IL area as well as out of area requests. Please check our website at www.gdcorp.com for further details.